With just under two weeks till my wedding I thought it was time I share the worst of the wedding planning THE NIGHTMARES! I’ve always been a dreamer, both in life and sleep, but I never expected them to go dark, especially with regards to the wedding. From permanent decisions to frivolous faux pas, I hope your wedding planning is going smoothly and peacefully. If you’re curious as to what my little brain has been up to, read on.
My five (and only) worst wedding dreams.
1. Forgot to tell band what song to play. I’m there, in the dress, everyone is staring at me and silence. Try going back to bed after that one.
2. Shoes were in my car which I did not have. I commute over an hour to work each way, so my car is my home. I have everything I need for pretty much any occasion…all the time. Sometimes I can even feel separation anxiety from it! Shoes are packed with my bridal veil and mom’s in charge of them.
3. Humongous tattoo on my back that read, tacos.”Yes, you read that correctly. I have toyed with the idea of getting a small horse shoe as an homage to my future husband, but this was next level. It covered my entire back and was the centerpiece of my ceremony (in my dreams). You won’t see me near ANYTHING even semipermanent. Eyelash extensions are out too. No body modifications of any kind before the wedding! To make matters even worse, I don’t even like tacos that much! Now, quesadillas? That’s another story.
4. Someone wore a white shirt to my wedding and I was PISSED! End of dream. Thankful I have friends who I THINK get etiquette and will probably read this blog.
5. Venue was infested by mice and possums. A pig too. This was by far the worst and most intricate of dreams. I was getting my hair done before the wedding and suddenly there were rodents surrounding us. All of a sudden, a pig came out of nowhere and I was thrilled! In the dream, I was so happy to see the pig thinking it would help get rid of the animals. I became consumed by the infestation and had to go around warning everyone to keep their doors shut. At this point we have to leave for the wedding and my makeup is not done because of course, my makeup artist had forgot about the date. I then fell into a pool and couldn’t find my maid of honor. This dream was by far the worst and I could NOT get back to bed after. Since I know that anxiety is what is most likely causing these nightmares, I am trying to relax and focus on all of the fun that’s going on right now. But, I did have to look into some of the meanings of the dreams. Find them below and if you’re suffering from angst, know that I feel your pain.
“I love WHAT DREAMS MEAN (not always literal and/or as bad as you think!) Source: www.dreammoods.com
a. Mice – To see mice in your dream indicates that you are spending too much time dwelling on minor problems and insignificant matters. To see mice feeding or eating in your dream suggests that someone is trying to bring down your self confidence. Someone may be nipping away at your resources.
b. Pig – To see a pig in your dream symbolizes dirtiness, greediness, stubbornness or selfishness. Alternatively, the pig may represent gluttony, opulence and overindulgence. Perhaps it refers to someone who is dirty or someone who is chauvinistic.If you like pigs and think that pigs are cute, then your dream about a fat dirty pig represents your misconceptions about certain things. What you believe and what is reality may be two different things. This pig may be analogous to a relationship or a man in your life. You think that the pig will be a certain way, but in actuality reality is not at all what you had imagined.To see a pig being cooked alive in your dream suggests that you are undergoing a drastic transformation. You are ready to rid yourself of the negativity surrounding your life.
c. Opossum – To see an opossum in your dream indicates that something may not be what it appears to be. You need to dig deeper and look for the hidden meaning of some situation or circumstance.
d. Swimming Pool – To see a swimming pool in your dream symbolizes relaxation, calmness, luxury and ease. You need to take a break. Alternatively, a swimming pool suggests that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. You need to cleanse yourself and wash away past hurts. Consider the depth of the pool. If you were swimming on the deep end, then it means that those emotions are deeply seated and may be harder to confront.. You will need to work through it, no more matter how difficult. If you are swimming on the shallow end, then it implies that you should be able to easily deal with your feelings.
e. Shoes – If you forget your shoes, then it suggests that you are leaving behind your inhibitions. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude.
f. Tattoo – To dream that you have tattoos represent your sense of individuality and the desire to stand out in a crowd. You want to be unique and different from everybody else, particularly if you do not have any tattoos in real life. Consider also what the tattoo is and what significance it has in your life. It may represent something that has left a lasting impression on you. Alternatively, to dream that you have a tattoo suggests that a waking situation or decision is having a much longer lasting effect that you had expected.
Here’s to the final countdown and that the worse thing that happens is rain on my wedding day.
Follow along on Facebook and Instagram, hashtag #preteputaringonit!