Today’s plus size brides are very well organized due to the amount of resources available, especially those available online through Pretty Pear Bride.
Being organized helps out so the bride and the groom so can ENJOY their day to the fullest. However, being organized also helps out your vendors.
I asked my wedding photographers: Wally Spice and Julie Proudfoot of Wally Spice Photography for some tips from their point of view.
1. Be sure to go over your timeline with your photographer. Your photographer may have some suggestions on how to make the day run smoother
2. Leave MORE than enough time. This may seem like common sense, but don’t cut your timing too close as something may come up. A bride certainly doesn’t realize how fast time flies on her wedding day.
3. A wedding planner is great help! If you choose not to have a planner, make sure you have plenty of help outside of your bridal party.
4. Think about the location where you and your groom are getting ready. Do you want photographers covering that? A home is a nice, personal place to get ready as long as there is not too many people or too much clutter. A lot of brides decide to get a suite at a hotel as well.
5. Leave plenty of time for hair and makeup—a lot longer than what they suggest. If there is one thing that is going to hold the ladies up is hair and makeup! If hair and makeup is running behind so will the rest of the day. If you have a bigger bridal party, or even moms and grandmas consider hiring more help. It is also more convenient to have different hair and makeup artists so there can be a rotation. Also, make sure to have a trial run so you’re not disappointed and change your hair and makeup at the last minute.
6. When your photographer gets there it is nice to have all the “details” ready that can be photographed while you are finishing up: the flowers, shoes, rings, invitations etc. Your photographer would also love to display the dress beautifully on a nice hanger to capture the details of your gown.
7. Make sure your florist gives you a nice sturdy box with vases of water to hold the flowers when not being used. Bring paper towels with you so that they can be dried off in between uses. Having your flowers there makes the photos of the girls better!
8. Be sure you have plenty of extra bobby pins, safety pins, mini sewing kit, touch-up make up, comfy shoes to change into, nylons, non-messy snacks, and water bottles. Don’t forget umbrellas if there is a chance of rain.
9. Decide when you want to first see your soon to be hubby? Is it walking down the aisle or before the ceremony? This may affect your pictures especially depending on the time of day and the season you are getting married.
10.Make sure you leave time to touch up your makeup and have some time to breathe before the ceremony begins; usually leave at least 30 minutes at the ceremony site. This should be enough time to relax, go to the bathroom and take care of any last minute things before the ceremony!
11.Alter Pics-are you doing them? If so these should not take more than 30 minutes and it is important to be organized and quick. Make a list of the relatives important to you for these – usually this is more for the immediate family.
12.Please make sure to feed your photographers. This is a long and tiring day for them as well. Keep them in the same room as you and your guests so they can still be a part of the action.
I would love to hear your wedding tips/suggestions/ideas! Post a comment if you have anything to share!
Check out our other Wedding Tips