We here on the East Coast just got done digging out of nearly three feet of snow (I know I cringe even typing it!) a few weeks ago. If you’re like my boyfriend and me, we had some serious cabin fever after just 24 hours with nowhere to go as the snow swirled down. Well, next time is snows or it’s just too darn cold to venture out, from sexy to silly, we here at Pretty Pear Bride have got you covered.
- Build a fort and eat dinner inside of it. – You know how when you were little you used to build a fort with blankets and couch cushions and sit in it for hours? Grab every blanket in the house, a couple kitchen chairs and design your own fort. Turn off the lights and grab some flashlights to tell scary stories. You could even play some nostalgic tunes from the ‘90s and 2000s. Boyz II Men anyone?
- Give Your Man a Sexy Surprise – These days, they can predict these monster storms a week in advance. Here’s how to pull off the ultimate sexy surprise for your new husband: go online shopping for some sexy lingerie as soon as you hear even the slightest hint of a major snowstorm or bitter cold coming. Once it hits later in the week and you’re sitting around watching Netflix with your man, casually click over to what you bought earlier that week. Ask if he likes it and whether or not you should buy it. When he agrees, pretend you have to use the bathroom. Come out wearing the suggestive little number and watch him start drooling.
Need some suggestions? Check out Lane Bryant’s Seriously Sexy Collection
- Get on Pinterest and Try a New Dessert – There’s nothing better than experimenting in the kitchen if you have the time. There’s molten lava cake and this tantalizing fudge brownie for two. Feed it to each other when it’s finished and watch the fun begin!
- Have a Nerf War – Sometimes you just need to burn off some steam in a silly way. Make sure you order the Nerf supplies beforehand, or raid your husband’s box of stuff he brought over from his single days and chances are you may find what you’re looking for!
- Do Something You’ve Been Putting Off – I know I know, it’s not that exciting. However, if you still haven’t sent your wedding thank you notes or cleaned out your closet and you’ve been settled into your new place for awhile, snow and cold are great times to do so. Just think of the fun photo ops as you sift through your closet and model old clothes and accessories. As far as the thank you notes, just think of the awesome trip down memory lane you could take as you take a look at your wedding again!
- Play Masseuse – If you and your man have been shoveling snow for hours, coming in and warming up by the fire and kneading those tense back and shoulder muscles can feel like pure heaven—not to mention, things could get real naughty real fast.
- Get Creative With Snow – There’s always the quintessential snowball fight, but what about bringing some snow inside and playing with it in bed? Sure, things can get a little wet but as a newlywed, isn’t having a little fun what it’s all about?
*This post contains affiliate links.