This week on Home Sunday I HAD to share this amazing and delicious recipe for chocolate muffins. I mean who doesn’t love a great chocolate muffin and the fact that it’s only 95 calories is AMAZING. The perfect added bonus for a plus size bride.
Healthy chocolate muffins (95 calories)
- 1 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup truvia baking blend (or baking stevia)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini chips)
- 1. Line a muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or you can also spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender (except for the chocolate chips) on LOW. Blend until mixture is smooth. Do not over blend.
- 4. Place mixture in cupcake liners. I filled mine about 3/4 the way full. Once the batter was in the liners, I placed the chocolate chips on top.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- *Tip: At 12 minutes, take muffins out and place a few more chocolate chips on top to get the “muffin top.”